A great way to enjoy your favorite vegetables and flowers is to save the seeds to plant again. The process is easy and economical. Tomatoes are ideal for learning how to save seeds.
You will need:
- Your favorite ripe tomato
- Glass jars or container to soak seeds in
- Paper towel or coffee maker liner
- Seed packets or plain paper envelopes (great way to recycle old opened envelopes)
Always allow the tomato to fully ripen before trying to harvest seeds.
- Carefully scoop out the jelly and seeds out of the pulp center and place in jar. If done gently, you can still eat the tomato.
- Add water to the jar.
- Now place jar in sunny window (60 to 75 degrees) for three to four days.
Come back in three days and let's see how the tomato seeds are doing!