Celebrating National Indoor Plant Week September 15-21 is easy when you appreciate everything that plants contribute to our health.
Using plants indoors provides a number of benefits from reducing carbon dioxide from the air, reducing noise, and creating oxygen.
NASA released a final report in 1989 on plants that could help diffuse "sick building syndrome. Reading the study was fascinating to see how the amazing results of Gerbera daisies and Pot Mums as well as Dracenas and Sanseverias.
Indoor Plants That Clean The Air
1. Arrowhead Vine, Syngonium podophyllum
2. Bamboo Palm, Chamaedorea seifritzii
3. Bananas, dwarf, Musa oriana
4. Chinese Evergreen, Aglaonema modestrum
5. Dracaena ‘Janet Craig’, Dracaena deremensis ‘Janet Craig’
6. Dracaena, Dracaena marginata
7. Dumb Cane, Dieffenbachia species
8. English Ivy, Hedera helix
9. Golden Pothos, Pothos aureus
10. Norfolk Island Pine, Araucaria heterophylla