Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fuschias in Florida


It used to be in Florida that fuschias were a winter annual. Not anymore.  Proven Winners has a summer fuschia called Shadow Dancer that will survive our temperate climate.  Shadow Dancer® fuschias should be grown in simliar shade and moisture conditions like impatiens.  It will be interesting to see if they will survive for several seasons like impatiens as well.

Great for patio hanging baskets and sunny windows indoors, these summertime fuschias will need watering on a regular basis. I'm keeping mine on my eastern kitchen window.

No need to deadhead but removing the flowers will keep the plant from going to seed. If I plant them outside I wonder if I will see volunteers?

The Shadow Dancer® series have girly names like Betty, Marcia, Violette, Peggy, Yolanda, Carlotta, and one boys name, Gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment